We believe many of your general questions (and not so general) can be answered in our FAQs. Please take a moment to check them out before contacting our office. Feel free to contact us with your inquiry if these do not answer your question.


QUESTION: When is the National?
CLICK HERE for the National Schedule dates and information.

QUESTION: Do I have to be an AMA member to race the Area Qualifier and Regional Championship?
ANSWER: Yes, you must be an AMA member for all events.

QUESTION: How do I qualify for the Amateur National Championship at Loretta Lynn Ranch?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for information on the two-step qualifying procedures on our How to Qualify page.

QUESTION: Where are the Area Qualifier races in my area?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for the Area Qualifier schedule to locate events near you.

QUESTION: When I attend an Area Qualifier do I need to be there both Saturday and Sunday?
ANSWER: That depends on the class(es) for which you are trying to qualify. CLICK HERE to see which classes are running on each day at the Area Qualifier.

QUESTION: What time is signup at my Area Qualifier?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for the Area Qualifier schedule. Next to each event there is a website and phone number listed for additional information about that event. If you have a problem contacting that promoter, please contact us so we can further help you.

QUESTION: Where are the Regional Championship races in my area?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for the Regional Championship schedule.

QUESTION: When I attend the Regional Championship do I need to be there both Saturday and Sunday?
ANSWER: Yes. Depending on the number of riders attempting to qualify and the three moto format at the Regional Championships, there may be qualifiers to create one full gate for the final two motos. All three motos count toward an overall finishing position.

QUESTION: What time is signup at my Regional Championship?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for the Regional Championship schedule. Click on each event for additional information including sign-up times, pricing, accommodations, promoter contact information and more.

QUESTION: If a rider in a qualifying position decides not to compete at the Regional, do the riders below him move up
one position?
ANSWER: No. Each rider maintains his original finishing position for advancement purposes.

QUESTION: If a rider is disqualified at a Regional Qualifier, does my "Power Ranking" change?
ANSWER: No. The disqualified rider is still shown as a competitor in that class. However, all riders who finished below the disqualified rider will move up one (1) position.

QUESTION: At the National, what day is my class going to run?
ANSWER: The race order/schedule will be posted approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the National Championship.

QUESTION: How does camping work at the National?
ANSWER: Each rider who registers for the National Championship must purchase what is called a Facility Permit. This Facility Permit is payment for your racing "footprint" at Loretta Lynn Ranch for the entire week. The facility permit also includes non-hookup camping and gate admission into the event for all individuals in the vehicle being used. The Facility Permit is in addition to the National Race Entry Fee.

QUESTION: What if I am staying in a hotel, do I still have to purchase a Facility Permit?
ANSWER: Yes. The Facility Permit is considered your racing "footprint" (i.e. pit set-up and admission) for the entire week.

QUESTION: How can I get a camping hook-up at the National?
ANSWER: Unfortunately, hook-ups, electricity and some sewage availability is limited. To be considered for a hook-up at the National, a rider must indicate on their National entry form that they would like to enter what is called the "Hook-Up Lottery." Hook-ups are assigned by a computer generated lottery system and will be posted in mid-July. All available hook-up camping sites are assigned to riders and their families with only one hook-up available per family. An additional fee will be collected at the Front Gate for hook-up winners. Anyone using a Facility Permit sticker other than the one authorized by MX Sports will be removed from the Ranch. Spectators are not eligible for a hook-up.

QUESTION: I am handicap, can I get a hook-up?
ANSWER: Unfortunately, due to the magnitude of the claims for handicap parking we cannot accommodate handicap requests for a hook-up. However, we will make our best effort to provide you with a location suitable to accommodate your mobility needs.

QUESTION: I won a hook-up in the lottery but I have to withdraw from the National, can I transfer my hook-up to a friend?
ANSWER: No. Hook-ups are non-transferable.

QUESTION: Can I bring a dog to the races in Tennessee?
ANSWER: No. Dogs are NOT allowed. CLICK HERE for a list of local kennels.

QUESTION: How long are the motos at the National?
ANSWER: All 51cc, Girls, Senior 45+/Master 50+, and "C" classes will run 15-minute motos. All other classes will run 20-minute motos.


Where can I get a copy of the RULES?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for the AMA Rulebook and CLICK HERE for the Amateur National Supplemental Rules.

QUESTION: What date determines my age for a class at the National?
ANSWER: In all youth classes, age is based on the rider's age as of January 1, as stated in the AMA Rulebook. In Amateur classes, a rider's eligibility for age classes is based on their age as of the first day of National racing.

QUESTION: I have been riding motocross for three years now, but I am not sure if I am still a "C" rider. Can I attempt to qualify in the "C" classes for the National? How can I find out?
ANSWER: Maybe, but we need more information. Be sure to read the AMA Rulebook and Amateur National Supplemental rules, regarding "C" class eligibility. Riders in violation will not be permitted to ride the "C" class. After reading the rules, if you are still not sure about your eligibility, you can contact the AMA directly for more information and assistance on your eligibility at (800) 262-5646.

QUESTION: I'm an "A" rider. Can I ride both the "A" classes and the A/Pro Sport classes?
ANSWER: Yes. But remember you can ride only 2 classes at the National.

QUESTION: Can I ride both Girls & Women's classes?

QUESTION: Can I ride a Big Wheel in the Women's class?
ANSWER: Yes. A Big Wheel with an engine size of 99cc to 250cc is allowed.

QUESTION: Can I race a 144cc 2-Stroke in the Schoolboy class #30?
ANSWER: No. The Schoolboy I class #30 is limited to a 125cc 2-Stroke or a 150cc 4-Stroke. However, you may race your 144cc 2 stroke in Schoolboy 2 Class #31 if you fit the age requirements.

QUESTION: Can I race a 450cc 4-Stroke in the Women's Class?
ANSWER: No. The Women's class (# 33) is limited to a 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke 99 - 250cc.

QUESTION: Can I ride my 250cc 2-Stroke in the 250cc class this year?
ANSWER: Yes, the 250cc class (A, B or C) allows machines from 122cc - 250cc regardless of 2-stroke or 4-stroke.

QUESTION: Can I ride my 250F in the 450cc class?
ANSWER: Yes, the 450cc classes (A, B, C) allows machines from 122cc - Open.

QUESTION: Can I use starting blocks?
ANSWER: Yes. Start Bocks are permitted and will be provided by MX Sports.  You may not use your own start block.

QUESTION: Can I bore my cylinder and run the limited class?
ANSWER: NO! AMA rules state that you must race the stock bore. No work is allowed on stock cylinders, with the exception of cylinder re-plating.

QUESTION: I have an oil injection system on my bike. Can I put fuel in this system?
ANSWER: No. The oil injection system is for OIL only. It must be in working condition and contain oil ONLY.

QUESTION: What is legal and illegal in the limited class?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for limited class information for what is legal and illegal in the limited class. If this list does not answer your question, please Contact Us with your question.

QUESTION: Can I use a 12" wheel in Class 20 (51cc 7-8 yrs Limited)?
ANSWER: You may retrofit on all class 20 machines. OEM parts must be used. Make sure you do not modify the hubs.

QUESTION: Can I ride my regular size 85cc bike in the Super Mini class?
ANSWER: Yes. Standard 85's (including standard 85cc size wheels) are legal in the Super Mini Classes.


QUESTION: What are the additional fees to qualify and race at the National Championship?
ANSWER: In addition to the MX Sports Area Qualifier registration fee, each Area Qualifier track will charge a race entry fee and gate admission fee.  Same for the Regional Championships – you will register with MX Sports online and pay a fee  to participate in the national program, and then pay a race entry and gate admission fee at the regional track. Once you qualify for the National, you will register online for your race entry and Facility Permit, which includes your gate admission and camping for the week.

QUESTION:  Does every rider have to purchase a Facility Permit? 
ANSWER:Yes, your Facility Permit covers your facility entry for the week – whether or not you are camping at the ranch.  However, immediate family members of the same household do not have to purchase multiple Facility Permits.  This means participating siblings and/or parents that live in the same household and who are staying together during national week do not have to purchase more than one Facility Permit.  This does not apply to extended family members, i.e., cousins, step-children who do not live together, or friends camping together.

QUESTION: If I cannot attend the Regional Championship that I pre-entered, can I get a refund?
ANSWER: CLICK HERE for our Refund Policy.

QUESTION: How can I check to see if you received my Regional Championship entry? Will you notify me?
ANSWER: Just go online and check your online registration status. 

QUESTION: I registered for the Regional but I did not have a qualifying position. I attended another Area Qualifier race and have improved my finish position. What should I do?
ANSWER: Call MX Sports ASAP and we will make sure to get you qualified in the right region.


QUESTION: Can I request a number for the National?
ANSWER: Yes you can. We will try very hard to accommodate your request. Top ten numbers can only be used if you earned that number in the same class the previous year.

QUESTION: What number and background plate color do I need to put on my bike?
ANSWER: At the Area Qualifier and Regional Championships riders may use their regular numbers and the background plate color that you would normally use at your local track. Riders making the final roster for the National Championship may request a National number for which we will make our best effort to accommodate. The plate and number color scheme for the national is listed in the Supplemental Rules.

QUESTION: Can I protest a rider at the National who does not have the proper number plate color scheme for my class?
ANSWER: No. Cosmetic items on a motorcycle are not protestable items.

QUESTION: What if I am an Alternate for the National Championship? What should I do about my numbers?
ANSWER: If you are an Alternate for the National and not guaranteed in any other class, we recommend coming to the National with no numbers and the proper background color scheme for the class in which you are an alternate. This will allow us to assign any number bib that we have available. Numbers will be available for purchase at the event.


QUESTION: Can I proceed to the Regional if my overall finishing position was a DNF (did not finish), DNS (did not start), or DSQ (disqualified) at the Area Qualifier?
ANSWER: No. You must have a finishing position in at least one moto with an overall finishing position in order to be eligible to race in the Regional.


QUESTION: I am a family friend and planning to camp all week. How can I get a camping hook-up at the National?
ANSWER: Spectators are not eligible for a camping hookup.  Only qualified racers are eligible for hookups.